20th August 2017
1.We extend a very warm welcome to Rev. Linda Walker who is conducting worship this morning.
2.The Kirk Session requests that a period of quiet reflection take place when the Minister and Choir enter the Church prior to the start of the Service, and that during the Offering the opportunity is taken to spend a few minutes in silent thought. Please ensure that mobile phones are switched off. The Congregation’s support would be greatly appreciated.
3.Morning worship next Sunday at 10.30 am.
4.The flowers this morning have been donated.
6.Tea and coffee in the John Callaghan Hall after worship this morning.
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our Church Secretary, Mrs Morag Hanna, the Congregational Board are now advertising for her replacement.
Hours of Work will be 15 hours a week, Mon - Fri 9.00am - 12 noon, with potential for some flexibility in start and finish times. The post will start early September. Salary, holidays and benefits will be in line with Church of Scotland guidance (Pro rata).
Individuals should register their interest in the first instance by contacting Mr Andrew Gray (01355 264421) by today.
11. The Guild's National Convener has introduced a Bowling Challenge on Thursday 24th August from 10.00am until 3.30pm in Kelvingrove Lawn Bowls Centre. Moncreiff Guild has entered 2 teams and you are invited to go along to support our Guild. Teams from all over Scotland will be playing and we have booked a sunny day. This promises to be an enjoyable day out and we wish our teams well on that day.
12. Gift Aid – Please place any new Gift Aid Declarations in the secure post box at the foot of the right-hand stair in the vestibule. If you have any Gift Aid queries, please speak to Fiona Lamont, Gift Aid Convener. 01355 279262, firstname.lastname@example.org
13.Date for your diary: Christmas Fayre - Sat. 18th November. During the month of August, we will be collecting holiday gifts, tins and bottles and these may be left in the Christmas Fayre box in the vestibule.
14.Tea Duty: Today: B. McCrae, M. Prow and C. McDougall Next Sunday: Mrs J. Kerr, J. Kerr and M. McDougall.
15.Flower Duty: Today: Mrs Neilson. Next Sunday: Mrs Fielding.
16.Creche Duty: Today: M. Baird, L. McKenna and A. Wilson.
Next Sunday: B. McCrae, S. Gray and M.Jenkins.
17. Book Table: We have raised another £10.00 bringing this year’s total to £460.
18. Website – our website address is www.moncreiffparishchurch.co.uk. If you have anything you would like on the site, please contact Fiona Lamont 279262 or email: email@example.com.
19. A box is available under the book table to receive donations of dried food and tins for distribution to East Kilbride Food Banks.
20. Email – the church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Charity No. SC016751