Intimations 23rd April
- The Kirk Session requests that a period of quiet reflection take place when the Minister and Choir enter the Church prior
to the start of the Service, and that during the Offering the opportunity is taken to spend a few minutes in silent thought. Please ensure that mobile phones are switched off. The
Congregation’s support would be greatly appreciated. The flowers this morning have been donated.
- Morning Worship next Sunday at 10.30 am.
- The flowers this morning have been donated by Laura MacMillan.
- Tea and coffee in the John Callaghan Hall after worship this morning.
- The Congregational Board meet on Thurs at 7.00pm and the Kirk Session meet thereafter at
- Big Sing in aid of Christian Aid at Greenhills Church Sunday
30th April at 7 pm.
- Choir Coffee and Music Morning – 6th
May at 10 am. Tickets £3. Come and join the choir and guests for a musical coffee morning.
- Traidcraft will be on sale at close of Worship on Sunday 30th
April. Please take time to look at the wide range of fairly traded goods.
- The next Table Top Sale will be on Saturday 13th May from 10.00 until 12.00. Please support this fundraiser by booking a table
or coming along to shop and for a cheering cuppa and good company. To book a table call Anne 239966 or Margaret 230560.
- Summer Holiday Club – Wed 28th, Thurs 29th and Fri 30th June 6.30 - 8.30
pm. It is our intention to run the holiday club again this year however we really need helpers and volunteers to make this venture possible.
There are many ways to help out – planning activities, cutting out, craft materials, preparing snack or assisting on any of the nights. Please speak to Karen Moran for more
- Wee Book of Tartan Prayers: The Guild at National level intends to
create a book of prayers and is asking for contributions from anyone in the Church. Prayers suitable for all occasions - eg. For
young people; for tackling inequality; for the homeless; prayers for each of the seasons; prayers at times of joy; prayers for Easter, epiphany, Good Friday, Pentecost, etc.; for times of bereavement
and general prayers. The prayers chosen for this book will not have names added when published. If you would like to submit a prayer, please send to the Guild Office at 121 George St. Edinburgh or
hand to Anne McIntyre as soon as possible. There will be about 200 prayers in this book, so please consider writing a prayer.
- GIFT AID – As the
personal allowance has now risen to £11,500 please check to ensure you still qualify for the Gift Aid Scheme. Please advise Fiona Lamont, Gift Aid Convener, if there are any changes to be made. Would
those of you who have not yet returned your Gift Aid Declarations in connection with pledges for Moncreiff Development Fund please ensure that you do so within the next few weeks. If anyone has
questions about Gift Aid please feel free to ask Fiona any Sunday or call E.K. 279262. Thank you.
- Dates for your diary: Glasgow Phoenix Choir/ Dingwall Gaelic Choir
– Fri. 16th June.
Christmas Fayre involving all church organisations – Sat. 18th
- Prayer Group meets in the church on Tuesday at
- The Guild - Guild
members please remember that our postponed AGM will now take place on Tuesday 25th April at 7.30pm. This is also an opportunity to view the DVD of last year's Annual Gathering in Dundee when the
Moderator, Rt. Rev Dr Russell Barr, gave a very amusing and encouraging Reflection and Sally Magnusson told us about her mother's journey with Altzheimer's Disease and her Charity 'Playlist for
Life'. If anyone would like to join us to see this DVD, please come along for the evening, everyone welcome.
- Yoga on Wednesday at 3.30 pm.
- Badminton on Wednesday at 1.30 pm.
- Tea Duty next Sunday: J. Boslam, W.
Dunn and I. Fairbairn.
- Flower Duty: Today: Mr & Mrs Lindsay/Mrs Hillis Next Sunday: Mrs
- Crèche Duty: Today: S. Sands, M. Baird and L.
McKenna Next Sunday: A. Wilson, B. McCrae and S. Gray.
- Book Table: We have raised another £40 bringing this years’ total to £280
- WEB SITE – Our website can be
found at www.moncreiffparishchurch.co.uk. A great deal of information about Moncreiff can be found here. If you have any articles, information or amendments please advise email@example.com or hand copy
to Fiona Lamont at church.
- Moncreiff Development Group – have an information table in the vestibule where pledge packs are available for anyone over the age of 18 who wishes to contribute to our Development Fund. Cheques should be made
payable to Moncreiff Parish Church.
- A box is
available under the book table to receive donations of dried food and tins for distribution to East Kilbride food banks.
- Back to School Bank, East Kilbride School uniform banks work exactly the same way as food banks. We collect NEW school
uniforms, shoes, socks, underwear, gym bags, stationery etc. Any family who has children in need of part, or all of a school uniform due to poverty will be helped. Any donations can be
place in the clothing bin the vestibule or handed into the office and they will be passed on. Please donate what you can.
- Coffee shop is open on Monday – Friday, 10 – 11.30 for tea/coffee, hot
buttered toast/fruit bread. Why not come along and support us you will be made very welcome.
- Email –
the church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Charity No. SC016751