Intimations 11th November 2018
- The Kirk Session requests a period of quiet reflection take place when the Minister and Choir enter the Church prior to the start of the Service and that during the Offering the
opportunity is taken to spend a few minutes in silent thought. Please switch off phones. The Congregation’s support would be greatly appreciated.
- Morning Worship
next Sunday at 10.30 am.
- A LARGE
PRINT Order of Service is available from the Duty Elders.
- The flowers this
week have been donated by Andy and Susan Gray.
- Due to the closeness of the ‘Anniversary Celebrations’ and the upcoming festive season, it has been decided to push the next issue of ‘Moncreiff Messenger’
(the Church Magazine) out until after the upcoming ‘Anniversary Celebrations’. This will allow for accounts of the celebration events, as well as include articles and
information regarding the Christmas season. As always, we are looking for any news or views relating to the life of Moncreiff, no matter how large or small they are; news of upcoming events or
people, or just a word of thanks, or a hello from a former member living in another part of the world, all are welcome. If you feel you want to include photographs to support your article, they
will also be most welcome (photographs can be returned). Preferably, please send articles in soft form by email to
email@example.com or on paper (in a plain font if typed please) to myself. Please submit articles as soon as possible, the sooner the
better. Last date for submission of articles Sunday 25 November.
- Thanks to all who supported the Guild Afternoon Tea in any way, the
total raised was £400.
- The Guild meets on Tuesday 13 November at 7.30 pm.
Joyce Brady will be telling the story of her Wee Fudge Co. Everyone welcome.
- Special Sunday Worship on 18 November 2018: Friends past and present are invited
to attend the service. Names for light lunch to Fundraising Ladies in vestibule. Home baking donations required.
- “Good Health and Wellness for ALL” with Sir Harry Burns on 15 November
in Dalziel St Andrews Church. Motherwell at 7.30 pm. Admission free to hear one of Scotland’s greatest communicators and most inspiring individuals.
- The next “Moncreiff
Prays” evening will be on Wed 21 November at 7 pm. We would be heartened if you could join us in prayer. Prayer cards available at Caring Group
- The Christmas Fairtrade Stall will be available after Worship on Sundays 25 November and 2
December. Please take time to visit the stall for cards, decorations, festive foods and little gifts supporting Fairtrade.
- Songs of Praise for Guild Week on Sunday 25 November at 6.30 pm. Please come along for an evening of
- Stuart Townend is playing at Eastwood Parish Church on Sun
25 November at 7.30 pm. Tickets are £15 and can be purchased from Eventbrite.
- The next service in Forefaulds will be held on Thursday 29
November at 2.30 pm (meeting there at 2.20) - all welcome.
- Tickets for the Glasgow Phoenix Choir on Saturday 8 December at 7.30pm will be on sale today in the vestibule and from the
office during the week. The cost will be £5.
- There are a few tickets available for the King’s Theatre pantomime on 3 January (leaving at 11 am).
Please contact M Prow.
- Autumn Quizzes: Margaret Prentice and Douglas Lindsay have jointly prepared 2 Autumn Quizzes – “Musicals” and “Towns and Cities” costing £1
each. Closing date is 29 Nov. A £10 prize will be awarded to the first all correct entry to be picked from the hat in each topic. Proceeds to Church funds. Answers will be
available in Church magazine, verbal answers at Sunday coffee on 2 Dec.
- The Coffee Shop is open Mon-Fri 10-11.30
am. All welcome.
- Keep Fit classes are held each Monday 11-12 am -
- The Prayer Group meets on Tuesday in the vestry
at 10.30 am.
- Yoga meets on Wed 3.30-4.45 pm. New members welcome.
- Moncreiff Hygge Get-together
every Thursday 1.30-3.30 pm. All ages welcome.
- East Kilbride Food Banks: Donation box under Book Table for tins/dried
- Intimations should be handed in to the church office no later than 10
- Website & Facebook: Keep up to date with what’s going on in Moncreiff by
visiting our website: www.moncreiffparishchurch.co.uk and our Facebook page.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Charity No. SC016751