Intimations 21st January 2018
- The Kirk Session
requests that a period of quiet reflection take place when the Minister and Choir enter the Church prior to the start of the Service, and that during the Offering the opportunity is taken to spend a
few minutes in silent thought. Please ensure that mobile phones are switched off. The Congregation’s support would be greatly appreciated.
- Morning Worship
next Sunday at 10.30 am.
- Tea and coffee in
the John Callaghan Hall after worship this morning.
- A limited number of LARGE PRINT Order of Services are available from the
Elders at the back of the Church.
- The flowers this week have been donated by Mrs J and Ms J Kerr.
- Rev Neil Buchanan will be at Conference on 22-24 January.
- You are warmly encouraged to go to the Ecumenical Service for East Kilbride held on Sunday 21 January at 4
pm in St Brides Church. There will be a worship service followed by tea and coffee.
- The Guild meets on Tuesday 23 January at 7.30 pm. Our speaker, Mr Ian Morrison, will tell us about the
Seagull Trust. Any visitors will be welcome.
- The Congregational Board will meet at 7 pm and the Kirk Session at 8 pm on
Thursday 25 January.
- Traidcraft will be on sale next Sunday, 28 January, at close of worship in the vestibule. Please support
- The next Moncreiff Table Top Sale will be on Saturday 10 February at 10 am. To book a table, please
contact Anne 239966 or Liz 221412. Please support this fundraiser by booking a table, donating items for sale on the Church Table or coming along to the Sale and supporting the Table
Toppers. Coffee Shop will be available too.
- There will be a 6-week Lent Study Group beginning on Wednesday 14 February at 7.30 pm. The study
will be on the film "Chocolat" and the first meeting will be a viewing of this film. A study guide is available to order from Neil at the cost of £5.
- Hamilton Presbytery " Praise In The Park" on 14 April in Strathclyde Park - Kevin De Beer is in charge of
organising this and has called for support in this venture. Further details to follow.
- Easyfundraising: We got off to a slow start with our campaign raising £6.61 in December and 4 new supporters. Thank you to
those involved. As we start to think about holidays, don’t forget to go to easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/ moncreiffpc look for your holiday company there and raise free
donations for MDF. Try using the Easyfundraising app on your mobiles or tablets or the Donation Reminder on laptops or PCs to never miss a potential donation. Many of us
shop online, let’s all use this free and easy way of raising funds.
- Moncreiff Development Group Fundraisers need your help. We are looking for people who have experience of charity work and, in
particular fundraising or, indeed, any who would like to learn, to help us in our efforts to raise funds towards our newbuild project. If this sparks an interest, please speak to Fiona Lamont
to find out what is involved email@example.com, 013555 279262
- The Moncreiff Parish Church 175th Anniversary pens are available for purchase (£2) in
the vestibule after the service.
- Badminton on Wednesday 1.30–4 pm. New members
- Country Dancing on Thursday 7.30-9.30 pm.
- Yoga will resume on Wednesday 24 January 3.30pm. All
- The Coffee Shop will be open Mon-Fri 10-11.30 am.
- Tea Duty Today: M McDougall
and L Craig
Next Sunday: M Prow
Flower Duty Today: Mrs Whyte
Next Sunday: Mrs Catlin
Crèche Duty Today: S Burns, L Smith and J
Next Sunday: L Anderson, M Stephen and E
- A box
is available under the book table to receive donations of dried food and tins for distribution to East Kilbride Food Banks.
- Intimations should be handed in to the church office in writing, or sent by
email, no later than 10 am Thursday.
- Website &
Facebook: Keep up to date with what’s going on in Moncreiff by visiting our website:
www.moncreiffparishchurch.co.uk and our Facebook page.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Charity No. SC016751