Intimations 24th March 2019
- The Kirk Session
requests that a period of quiet reflection take place when the Minister and Choir enter the Church prior to the start of the Service, and that during the Offering the opportunity is taken to spend a
few minutes in silent thought. Please switch off phones. The Congregation’s support would be greatly appreciated.
- A LARGE PRINT Order of Service is available from the Duty
- Morning Worship next Sunday at 10.30 am.
- The flowers this week have been donated.
- There will be a brief meeting of the Worship Group after
service today at the front of the Church.
- Traidcraft will be available for sale in the vestibule at close of worship this morning. Please support Fair Trade.
Cards are available on the Caring Group Table at the price of
- As part of their badgework, the Junior-Brigader section of the Girls’ Brigade have been working hard in preparing a
coffee and quiz evening in aid of the church regeneration project to be held on Tuesday 26th March. Tickets are priced at £2/£1. In the
interests of health and safety all primary school children should be accompanied by an adult. Tickets are available from any officer on Tuesday nights, or see Suzanne Bennie
- The Guild meets on Tuesday 26 March at 7.30
pm. Senior boys from the Boys Brigade will be telling us what they have been doing in our BB Company. A representative from Brigade Scotland will also be addressing our meeting.
Anyone interested is welcome to come along.
- The Lent study Group meets each Wednesday at 7.30 pm in the
Session Room – all welcome. We are using a new Lent Course for 2019, entitled ‘From Now On’, based on the film The Greatest Showman and study the Christian themes of hope, redemption and new
life. The five-week course offers discussion points, biblical reflections and prayers based on short excerpts from the film.
- The next service in Forefaulds will be held on Thursday 28 March at 2.30 pm (meeting there at 2.20 pm) - all
- There will be a joint meeting of the Congregational Board and the Kirk
Session at 7 pm on Thursday 28 March.
- We are now looking for articles for the next issue of ‘Moncreiff Messenger’ (The Church Magazine). We are looking for any news or views
relating to the life of Moncreiff, and the challenges that are ahead of us as a congregation. No matter how large or small they are; news of upcoming events or people, or just a word of thanks,
or a hello from a former member living in another part of the world, all are welcome. If you have never contributed to the magazine before, now is an ideal time to start – young or old, we are
all part of the Moncreiff family! If you feel you want to include photographs to support your article (especially for the web version) they too would be most welcome. (Photographs can be
returned). Preferably, please send articles in soft form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on paper (in a plain font if typed please) to myself. Please submit articles as soon as possible, the sooner the
better. Absolute last date for submission of articles – Sunday 7 April.
- The Sunday Morning Tea Rota is available for those wishing to volunteer.
- The Moncreiff
Caring Group are looking for your help with the clothing, bags and shoe recycling. We hope to set up a rota once a month to assist in sorting and distributing
the donations. The funds raised go to help us meet our Christians against Poverty (CAP) funding pledge and providing good quality donations to the hospices and others. Could you, your
friends or perhaps some of the youth organisations help? If you are interested place your details on the list on the caring table or contact Ailsa on 07971816862.
- EMAIL ADDRESSES: In our efforts to reduce costs on paper and ink and to help reduce our carbon footprint, we would like to communicate with members,
adherents and friends, where possible, by email. To help with this please forward your name and email address to email@example.com where it will be securely held in encrypted files. Email addresses will be used only for communication
purposes and will not be shared with other organisations.
- The Coffee Shop will be open Mon-Fri 10-11.30 am.
Fit will resume Monday 25 March from 11-12 noon. All
- The Tiger Tots Playgroup (ages up to pre-school) meet on Tuesdays
- The Prayer Group meets on Tuesday in the vestry at
- Yoga classes meet on Wednesdays 3.30-4.45
pm. New members welcome.
- Moncreiff Hygge Get-together every Thursday 1.30-3.30
pm. All ages welcome.
- Country Dancing is on Thursday 7.30-9.30 pm.
- Tea Duty
Today: C McDougall, I Hudson and E Bremner
Next Sunday: H Shepherd, M Prow and M McDougall
Flower Duty Today: Mrs Crawford
Next Sunday: Mrs Prow
Crèche Duty Today: M Jenkins, J Lamont and M
Next Sunday: M Baird, S Bennie and L Smith
- A box
is available under the book table to receive donations of dried food and tins for distribution to East Kilbride Food Banks.
- Moncreiff Development Fund are collecting used ink cartridges
to raise money. Box is in the office.
- Intimations should be handed in to the church office in writing, or sent by
email, no later than 10 am Thursday.
- Website & Facebook: Keep up to date with what’s going on in Moncreiff by
visiting our website: www.moncreiffparishchurch.co.uk and our Facebook page.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Charity No. SC016751